Pay As You Go
WHAT IF PAYING YOUR ELECTRIC BILL WAS LIKE BUYING GAS FOR YOUR VEHICLE?
NOW IT CAN BE!
NO LATE FEES.
NO MONTHLY BILLS.
WHAT IS PAY AS YOU GO BILLING?
With Pay As You Go billing, you pay for electricity how and when you choose. Purchasing electricity before you use it allows you to control your budget and pay how much you want, when you want. There are no security deposits or late fees. Instead of a monthly billing statement, your usage and balance are calculated daily.
HOW CAN I MONITOR MY ACCOUNT?
Track your usage through the SmartHub App, online at www.mcecoop.com or
• View the current status of your account.
• Receive an email, text or push notification on your smartphone, tablet, or computer when your account drops below a $20 credit balance. This message also has a link to a payment portal for your convenience.
• See postings of payments in real time.
• Review your usage by month, day and hour in an easy-to-read graph.
WHAT IF MY ACCOUNT RUNS OUT?
If funds in your account run out, your electrical service will be automatically disconnected. You will be notified through SmartHub that your service has been disconnected.
HOW DO I PURCHASE MY POWER?
You can purchase power online or by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your power will be restored within minutes if it’s been disconnected and you won’t be charged a reconnection fee.
There is a $10 minimum payment amount.
THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS TO ADD MONEY TO YOUR ACCOUNT(S):
Use your Android or iPhone to scan the appropriate QR code
• PHONE - Call 803-749-6500 or 888-850-6770 to add funds to your account via AMEX, Discover, Master Card or VISA.
• IN PERSON - Visit our MCEC offices at 254 Longs Pond Road, Lexington, SC 29072 or 7524 Broad River Road, Irmo, SC 29063.
CAN EXISTING MEMBERS SWITCH TO PAY AS YOU GO BILLING?
Yes. In most cases, your existing deposit can be applied to your current account balance, with any remaining amount applied as a credit to your Pay As You Go account.
If Pay As You Go is right for you, contact Member Services today at 803-749-6400 to sign up. You will then need to electronically sign the terms and conditions below.
If you are experiencing problems signing the terms and conditions on your phone, please click here for instructions to change your settings.